There’s a meme going around between my blogger friends that asks you to post what’s on your desk. I work in a cubicle and have a wrap around desk with overhead bins that close and hide the mess that I stuff in there each night. So here’s what I’ve got actually out on the desktop and little bulletin board:
- my laptop and docking station
- a cheap personal laser printer (for quick printing rather than going to the company network printer)
- a little desk lamp that I brought from home to soften the flourescent lighting
- my company phone and a docking station for my cell phone
- in and out tray
- large ceramic mug from Future Graphics to hold my pens, scissors, etc.
- the Predators team calendar
- photoframe of my kids and me at my birthday dinner a couple years ago
- a map of the U.S. with the time zones indicated
- printout of the company phone directory
- a stack of magazines from the trade associations
- a Purell hand sanitizer in a cute little gizmo holder
- a crystal candy dish with assorted Brach’s caramels
- a crystal budvase with three silk roses
Kinda girly desk, isn’t it? I have a strict policy of not keeping much personal stuff on my desk. After the last job, I want to be able to leave with just one box of my stuff in a copy paper box and be gone in one trip to the car.
So tell us what’s on your desk and send me the link to your blog so I can see!